Crisis Intervention Services
TRUST is dedicated to helping those impacted by trauma begin their process of healing as well as support their path toward resilience and recovery. However, there are some limitations as to how TRUST can assist the community, especially those experiencing a crisis that warrants immediate attention. This online platform was created to heighten awareness and aid in the process of adopting trauma-informed care and the advancement of resilience.
THE TRUST WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL HELP.
To report any knowledge you may have regarding the suspected abuse or neglect of a child (or a vulnerable adult), please contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ (MDHHS) Central Registry hotline at 1-855-444-3911. The Central Registry hotline is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week (including holidays).
For more information on child welfare services in the state of Michigan, please click here.
For instructions on how to report child abuse and/or neglect, or to find out the information included in a report, please click here.
For information on mandated reporting and the process of making a child abuse and/or neglect report, please review the following resources:
- MDHHS’s “Mandated Reporters”
- MDHHS’s video – “Mandated Reporter: Helping Protect Michigan’s Most Vulnerable”
TRUST wants to reiterate that if you or someone you know are to risk of harming themselves or others, please contact emergency services at 911. For anyone experiencing a crisis, which warrants immediate attention but poses a low threshold of threatened harm, please contact one of the free (category-specific) crisis intervention hotlines below:
- Alcohol and/or Substance Abuse Hotline – National Drug Helpline – Call 1-844-289-0879
- Child Abuse Hotline – National Child Abuse Hotline – Call 1-800-422-4453
- Child Sexual Abuse Hotline – Stop It Now! Call 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)
- Crime Victims Hotline – National Center for Victims of Crime – Call 1-855-4VICTIM (1-855-484-2846)
- Dating Abuse Hotline – Love is Respect – Call 1-866-331-9474 or Text LOVEIS to 22522
- Domestic Violence Hotline – National Domestic Violence Hotline – Call 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- Family Crisis Hotline – Parent Hotline – Call 800-840-6537 or Text HOME to 741741
- Human Trafficking Hotline – National Human Trafficking Hotline – Call 1-888-373-7888 or Text to 233733
- Mental Health Issues Hotline – SAMSHA National Helpline – Call 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
- Missing and/or Abducted Children Hotline – Child Find of America, Inc. – Call 1-800-I-AM-LOST (1-800-426-5678)
- Missing/Exploited Children Hotline – National Center for Missing & Exploited Children – Call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)
- Natural or Human-Caused Disaster Survivor Hotline – SAMSHA Disaster Distress – Call 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Runaway and/or Homeless Youth Hotline – National Runaway Safeline – Call 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or Text to 66008
- Sexual Abuse and/or Assault Hotline – Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network – Call 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
- Suicide Prevention Hotline – National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veteran and/or Military Crisis Hotline – The Veterans Crisis Line – Call 1-800-273-8255
- Youth or Teen Crisis Hotline – Boystown National Hotline – Call 1-800-448-3000